Fibroid pain

This forum is to discuss the women's health topics covered by my books, blog, and podcast. Thanks for being part of the conversation. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.
Rosina

Fibroid pain

Post by Rosina »

Hello, my name is Rosina Petit, 34 years old. I am writing from Uruguay.

I have a 2cm fibroid in my uterus and I DIE of pain when i get my period. I have to take lots of painkillers to survive my period and i hoy to the point of fainting and having to go to the emergency room several times.
The gynecologist believes it may also be endometriosis.

I had surgery once 2 years ago via the vagina, and I was almost pain-free after that (at least without having to go to the emergency room) buy it came back. Now they tell me that they have to operate on me via the abdominal route (and also that way they can see if I have endometriosis) but that it can come back again if I don't take contraceptives.

They want to send me birth control pills but I am against that. I took 8 years as a teenager and I don't like them at all. Is there no other treatment? That is the only recommendation.

Apart from that I am a healthy woman, I don't take medication at all and I eat very well, practice yoga, etc. Now I have to travel for 6 months for work and although I have medical insurance I am very afraid of having those pains being alone in another country

Thank you in advance for reading 💕🙏🏻
Karen

Re: Fibroid pain

Post by Karen »

Hi there, a couple of years ago I was diagnosed with a large uterine fibroid 9cm. It was putting so much pressure on my bladder I had a lot of difficulty urinating. I also have a long history of endometrioses. I am not sure what your situation is regarding having children but because I had finished having a family I opted for a hysterectomy and I have never felt so good. Just thought I would share as I've had similar issues but surgery is not everyone's first choice. Good luck.