Preteen swimming

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
JoshMC1978

Preteen swimming

Post by JoshMC1978 »

Single father with an 11yr old daughter here. My daughter was invited to a lake house vacation with her mother this weekend. She hasnt gotten to spent a full weekend with her mother in 9months so shes very excited. However, She started her cycle 2days ago and is not interested in being in the water but her mother really wants her to go swimming. She does not feel comfortable talking about these things with her mother since she got her first period after her mother left and ive been the one running point on this entire thing for the past 6months, but she doesn't wanna go swimming because of pad swelling and leakage. I spoke to her mother today and her advise was to just get tampons. My 11yr old daughter is a virgin and does not want to use a tampon. Is there another solution that works that I can get her so she can fully enjoy the weekend with her mother without fear of leakage and swelling? Basically, are there "swimming pads" or some sort of damn I can get her? I'm having zero luck on line researching this.
Jeslyn

Re: Preteen swimming

Post by Jeslyn »

Good on you for helping your daughter. It's important to respect her wishes and not pressure her into using tampons if she's not ready.

Have you considered a menstrual cup? Maybe she would be okay with that.

There's also period-proof swimwear that has built-in absorbent lining to prevent leakage while swimming.

This article covers some of it:
https://flo.health/menstrual-cycle/life ... our-period

hth