12 Year Old Suicidal – Is it worth doing blood tests?

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
Zed-Red

12 Year Old Suicidal – Is it worth doing blood tests?

Post by Zed-Red »

Hi There to the ever patient Lara

I am wondering if you might be able to give me any advice on what tests my niece might need to have? I didn’t know whether it is worth testing for hormones as she is 12 years old; her periods began in September 2021 and stopped in November 2021 (she hardly bled). Then they came back in April 2022 with heavyish bleeding.

The last month or so she has been having suicidal thoughts and seems to at times be withdrawing into herself. My first thought was hormones, plus I read in your book that in the beginning girls have high oestrogen and low progesterone.

I have said to my brother to put her on B6 for the 2 weeks leading up to her period as well as magnesium and zinc (on top of her weak multi vitamin) and possibly taurine. Not sure if she needs dim or calcium D Glucorate? I am hoping the vitamins will help. Also I suggested glutathione for her liver.

She has other contributing factors too – not liking her new school for the last year and her grandma dying in lock down.

Is it worth testing for hormones as they may be all over the place? Or are there any other tests worth doing? She is having counselling and homeopathy now and is writing down how she feels in a diary so that we can see if there is a pattern to her symptoms.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are all very worried.

Thank you ever so much!