Prometrium capsules

A discussion area for perimenopause. Please start by reviewing my articles Perimenopause is not about aging and Rescue prescription for perimenopause.
And my perimenopause book Hormone Repair Manual.
lauraco1

Prometrium capsules

Post by lauraco1 »

Hello,
I am 44y/o with a history of PMDD since 36 y/o. I have endo as well and extremely heavy periods/MTHFR. I loved your book the Hormone Repair model and had a question about the recommendation of prometrium. My Doc prescribed 100mg but after seeing the awful reviews, I am nervous to start it. It seems side effects can be horrendous for a lot of women. Is this something you see? Is it worth trying? Will I know within the first few days if it’s not going to be a good fit? I’m mostly worried about mood and depression as it’s already pretty bad during my luteal phase. Thank you so much for your input! Laura
Lara

Re: Prometrium capsules

Post by Lara »

My experience with patients is that prometrium is usually good for mood but sometimes bad -- as I explain in my progesterone - mood blog post. I estimate about 9 in 10 women experience mood benefits and 1 in 10 experience mood side effects. Also, for what it's worth, I personally take progesterone capsules and find them very soothing for mood and sleep. Where did you read the awful reviews?