Hello from the UK!

This forum is to discuss the women's health topics covered by my books, blog, and podcast. Thanks for being part of the conversation. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.
GenJW

Hello from the UK!

Post by GenJW »

Hi, I am from England in the UK, and recently came across Lara Briden's site and book, Period Repair Manual, which I've bought and have been enjoying.
I became fascinated in the interplay between diet and health - and in particular, women's health - since 2018 when a visited a dietician (I was 36 years old) after I was fed-up putting up with the debilitating symptoms of hormone-related health issues. Namely, PCOS.
I was amazed at the difference changes to my diet made - it was literally revolutionary. I was very blessed to have a very special dietician who had a very compassionate and holistic approach.
I gave up gluten, dairy and caffeine, took supplements, added a greed salad every day for lunch, and refrained from sugary foods.
Night sweats, breast tenderness, really heavy bleeds, menstrual cramps, migraines and anxiety all lessened so much.
I have started to write and advocate for Body Literacy, which I think is a wonderful term and something we all need to grasp! I've realised too, it's not a one-stop journey, but a life-long path of discovery.
Above all, it is about giving ourselves the best possible chance of feeling our best and hopefully, having the energy to do all we want to :-).