HRT

A discussion area for topics from my second book Hormone Repair Manual. When you start a thread, please refer to the chapter where the topic appears.
tracyscharf

HRT

Post by tracyscharf »

I am 51 and have been post menopausal for 3 years. I've experienced severe hot flashes, difficulty sleeping, and decreased sex drive for about 5 years. I have not tried HRT yet. None of the GYN's I have been to for my annual exams have offered it. I have been immersing myself in the world of HRT for the past 6 months. I have an appointment soon and I'm going to ask to start. I am healthy, in good weight, don't smoke, drink rarely, and don't have any red flag underlying conditions which wouldn't make me a good candidate.
I'd like to start with .05 estrodial via a patch and 100 mg of oral micronized progesterone. I know you can't give specific advice. But does this sound reasonable? Unfortunately, I live in a fairly rural area of northern NY and I will need to go to my appointment fully informed.
Lara

Re: HRT

Post by Lara »

Short answer, yes. A 50 mcg estradiol patch plus 100 mg of oral micronized progesterone is a very reasonable and modern and body-identical type of hormone therapy.
Suzy68

Re: HRT

Post by Suzy68 »

Im gettin adrenaline rush and its awful, would hrt help this
Last edited by Suzy68 on Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.