Cyclic dosing - late perimenopause

A discussion area for topics from my blog. When you start a thread, please refer to the blog title.
jon_kate

Cyclic dosing - late perimenopause

Post by jon_kate »

Hello, after reading most of your related blog articles, I still have a question regarding cyclic dosing in late perimenopause. I'm 49.5, still cycling anywhere from 20-36 days and some of those not sure you could call a period - dark brown for many days. have read your book-sits at bedside to resort to on insomnia filled nights. Been cycling prometrium 14 days on/off. While this helps sleep and mood, migraines still a major, life altering problem. I do all supplements suggested in book. Decided I should add transdermal estrogen starting low to see if helps- i strongly believe it will. I started these migraines out of the blue 4 years ago - suggestive of perimenopause-induced, but they have become so often, that they take less and less stimuli to provoke (sun, exercise/dehydration, screen work)

The question is, how to do cyclic dosing for both progesterone and estrogen when cycle days so unpredictable?

Of late, the minor hot flashes and poor sleep coming in to picture. Does one cycle the prog and estr or just do full time?
(fam history of breast cancer mom and aunt so want to be careful with the Estr.)
Lara

Re: Cyclic dosing - late perimenopause

Post by Lara »

It can be okay to try dosing both hormones continuously in this situation, especially for a few months to stabilise things.
jon_kate

Re: Cyclic dosing - late perimenopause

Post by jon_kate »

Great will give it a go - gyn. Appt this week. Hoping she’s amenable 🤞
Thk u very much for all your insight. I have learned a great deal from reading your book, blog posts, and interviews.