300 mg progesterone are produced just during pregnancies: they gave me many sides.. how can I do?

A discussion area for PCOS. Please start by reviewing my articles 4 Types of PCOS, 4 Causes of androgen excess in women and Chapter 7 of Period Repair Manual.
elleelle

300 mg progesterone are produced just during pregnancies: they gave me many sides.. how can I do?

Post by elleelle »

Goodmorning, My name is Luisa.. I really hope doc Briden will help me .. because I am desperate.
when I was young I had acne and probably androgenetic alopecia ( docs never diagnosed me with that untill 2 years ago). I took ultrasounds and my ovaries were completely fine and also my blood works. I cured acne with accutane.
I have always suffered from cellulite... no energy, mild sedness, low muscle's mass etc... I was "skinny fat": lean but fat and I used to weight between 46-48 kg for 1.61 mt.. all my life.

I tried different protocols to improve my shape and nothing was working until a MD prescribed me pregnenolone ( wich I stopped many years ago.. I took it for just 9 months): I lost only 2 kgs and established at 46 kg but my body completely reshaped!!! My pms was gone, also my hair was growing like crazy.. I was not bloated anymore.. my face was slimming etc etc... I took many ultasounds in the meanwhile and my ovaries were still ok!

after a very stressful period and my divorce with no sleeping.. I started experiencing low metabolism ( not sweating) no hungry, and my period stopped... After a while I took an ultrasound And I have PCOS but : my progesterone is super low, my androgen are super low... my estradiol used to be very low and went over the top of the range using liquorice, mint tee, green tea etc...
I am desperate because I gained 22 kg in less than one year ( 50 pounds) and I am losing all my hair.

I don' t need less androgens.. probably I would need more! I tried 200 mg progesterone but I experienced terrible sadness, tiredness, sleepiness...

I have some questions:
1) why androgens cause insuline resistance if they are supposed to improve our muscle mass and so help with insuline resistance ( muscles are the most import organs to consume insuline)?
2) why are 200-300 mg of progesterone recommented to help with pcos if the physiological production of progesteron is 5 mg per day ( 300 mg just during pregnancy.. and a pregnant woman can develop diabetes, fluid retention etc etc..)

the only thing I know is that.. I reached the happiness and I lost all my life... being bald and overweight... completely ruined my mind.. I don' t feel like a woman.. how can I have the happiness to ovulate? how can improve my health? also my thyroid shows problems at the ultrasound, and my liver too... i feel desperate
Lara

Re: 300 mg progesterone are produced just during pregnancies: they gave me many sides.. how can I do?

Post by Lara »

When you say "I have PCOS," what are you basing that on? Only the ultrasound? because that means nothing. See my article/podcast/youtube video PCOS cannot be diagnosed by ultrasound. Do you have clear symptoms of androgen excess? (eg facial hair or strong jawline acne). If not, it is not PCOS. Because PCOS is, by definition, the condition of androgen excess.

Is it specifically hair loss with miniaturisation of the follicles? Suggesting androgen excess. Or could the hair loss be from another cause ? such as thyroid problems, iron deficiency, low carb diet etc.