Progesterone Dosage

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
morgs04

Progesterone Dosage

Post by morgs04 »

HI!

I am a 25 y/o F with amenorrhea for 2.5 years after coming off pill. I have low E and P, normal T. Low/normal cortisol levels, and low/normal thyroid hormones. I have been prescribed 200 mg natural progesterone and topical estrogen cream by gyno, BUT my Functional Medicine doc suggests to use 20 mg progesterone and DHEA supplements instead to influence E. I suffer from acne, mood swings, weight gain after increasing food intake (2500+ kcal), and A1c on higher side.

Any suggestions on which route to go down would be GREATLY appreciated! :D
elleelle

Re: Progesterone Dosage

Post by elleelle »

i personally would follow your functional practitioner... i tried 200 mg progesterone and felt horrible.. you can also use it into your vigina instead.. ( i would also eat less, I truly belive that the " calories' subject" is really over addressed for amenorrhea.. expecially if you have low thyroid ( i gained 22 kgs because of this way of thinking and I started not ovulating..)... that's my opinion but i am not a doc... of course!
Heaven32

Re: Progesterone Dosage

Post by Heaven32 »

hi, I suffer from PCOS and endo, I'm in my 40s and I am using Progesterone every month for 5 days to bring on a period, because I had been diagnosed with endometrium hyperplasia 5-6 yrs ago while undergoing IVF, and then I was allowed to proceed. I am wondering if this is good, or taking Progesterone daily as a hormone therapy is better? I want to have a (period), because I think that's how I got endometrium hyperplasia, I think?