Luteal phase fatigue

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
merle

Luteal phase fatigue

Post by merle »

Does anyone suffer from crushing fatigue in the luteal phase that resolves once menstruation begins? I feel good until a couple days after ovulation. It seems very much like as my progesterone rises, so does my fatigue. Not just drowsiness/sleepiness, but being completely devoid of energy all day. Do I perhaps need more progesterone? I am for sure ovulating.

Hoping to hear similar stories or anything that's helped!
mcnat

Re: Luteal phase fatigue

Post by mcnat »

I hear you!

It's actually what has lead me to this site, and to Lara's site/publications.

I am 39, have been vegetarian for 10 years and am very fit & active. I have been suffering through increasingly worse symptoms in recent months, the worst of which are excruciating breast pain, fatigue and mood changes in the Luteal phase.

From initial scanning of Lara's site I have decided to start taking Iodine (I am a regular consumer of Magnesium, Zinc, Iron & Vitamin D already). I'll let you know if this helps... keen to hear if you came across anything that helped since posting this?

Now, off to nap.