Hormonal Issues Since Birth of Child

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
elsieb

Hormonal Issues Since Birth of Child

Post by elsieb »

I’m currently 48 and have one child, conceived without intervention at the age of 39, delivered at 40. My periods were completely regular up until the birth of my child; my periods returned when my child was around a year old, were regular once again for about 8 months and then became erratic and have never returned to normal. I suffered a multiples/twins miscarriage close to the end of the first trimester at the very end of 2018 (conceived without intervention) and another singlet miscarriage 6 months later in 2019 (also conceived without intervention). The report on the multiples/twins pregnancy showed no chromosomal issues and the report states they are unsure why I miscarried. During the multiples/twins pregnancy, I rapidly gained a pretty sizable amount of weight (no change to eating) and have not been able to shed the weight since despite the fact that I work out a min of 45 min a day, have been a vegetarian since I was 17 and continue to eat as cleanly as possible. My waist is now a dangerous 32" and I am unsure what to do moving forward. Some months, I still seem to 'cycle' yet don't have a period (temperature rise, breast tenderness, cervical mucous, bloating). The temp rise does not sustain for a long enough time to indicate ovulation. In January, I had cervical mucous for a solid three weeks, incredibly painful nipples, breasts swelled to a larger size - no period ever manifested. The weight around my waist is not as pronounced as the actual skin - the skin from my breasts to just above my hips looks as if I was obese at some point (which I have not been, my highest weight has been about 10 stone/62 kilos) - it's lost all it's turgor despite what I do. I'm guessing that my hormone levels began to rapidly decline and that I had some sort of rapid estrogen/progesterone crash. I'm not sure why and why other women are also experiencing premature menopause at earlier ages. And I'm not sure what to do moving forward or how to ask a doctor for help - unsure of what to tell them that would make sense.