Stress-Related Low Estrogen

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
lunarla

Stress-Related Low Estrogen

Post by lunarla »

I'm a 29 year old woman who's experiencing low estrogen and all the symptoms that go along with it. The last year has been one of the most continuously stressful of my life for a few reasons, but the main one being a year-long abusive relationship that I am finally on the other side of.

But my body has carried the burden of the amount of persistent stress. My hair had been falling out for a while, and I've experienced sudden weight gain in my abdomen along with a deflating of my breasts and butt. Skin changes, along with a deep depression as well.

Because of the intensity of the symptoms, I've decided to start taking bio-identical estrogen to help support my healing.

I'd also be really interested to know if anyone has found that these symptoms improved after addressing the issue of low estrogen. It may be vain, but at 29 seeing my breasts and butt seemingly disappear overnight has been really disheartening. I'd like to know if a return of estrogen will also return the fullness of my shape.

Any other insights or shared experiences would be so welcome to hear.
lunarla

Re: Stress-Related Low Estrogen

Post by lunarla »

I'm also curious as to whether taking the bio-identical estrogen will essentially boost and help restart my own normal estrogen production or balance, or if I will need to take the estrogen long term?