Bio-identical progesterone dosage??

A discussion area for PCOS. Please start by reviewing my articles 4 Types of PCOS, 4 Causes of androgen excess in women and Chapter 7 of Period Repair Manual.
Cro94_

Bio-identical progesterone dosage??

Post by Cro94_ »

Hi Lara,

I have been diagnosed with PCOS after many years of irregular cycles. I have signs of excess androgens so I do believe it to be a correct diagnosis.

My question is.. I am on my second cycle using Utrogestan 100mg for 14days in the cycle. Last month I took it and could really notice the improvement in my mood and sleep. I know you said that it is a good test of knowing whether you have PCOS if you get the breakthrough bleed- which I did about 2 days after i finished that progesterone cycle.
However, this month I have finished the progesterone about 6 days ago and still no sign of a period, Although i do have very intense PMS at the moment and pregnancy is highly unlikely.

Could you shed some light on whether I should continue taking 100mg Utrogestan or should the dosage be increased?
Also is it normal for there to be a delay in getting my period having taken the progesterone for 14 consecutive days?

I have read your book many times and I am about 3 months Dairy free(except goats and sheeps), sugar free and gluten free. I do think there are also some high histamine issues having read your blog post about it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for everything that you do!