Long lasting periods with short time in between

A discussion area for heavy periods. Please start by reviewing my article/podcast/YouTube video Natural treatment of heavy periods and Chapter 9 of Period Repair Manual.
Ladi

Long lasting periods with short time in between

Post by Ladi »

Hello, I am writing this post in case that anyone can help me with a problem I have: for years my period has been really long: it usually lasts around 15 days, then I have like 13 days in between when I don't bleed and then back to the same thing. I have been to a few doctors and all of them recommended me to take birth control pills. I tried with a few different ones, also with nuva ring but I always have the same problem, once in a while my body doesn't react very well and I feel sick and vomit. I finally decided to stop taking birth control but now I have low iron issues.
If anyone here knows what might be the cause behind this problem or if they have gone through any similar issues I would appreciate any information.
Thank you! :)
Monthlydemon

Re: Long lasting periods with short time in between

Post by Monthlydemon »

Why do doctors always seem to just suggest taking hormonal birth control rather than getting to the route cause of the issue! Totally feel your pain! Sucks to be a girl sometimes right!