Histamine and Estradiol patch

A discussion area for perimenopause. Please start by reviewing my articles Perimenopause is not about aging and Rescue prescription for perimenopause.
And my perimenopause book Hormone Repair Manual.
kellyf

Histamine and Estradiol patch

Post by kellyf »

I'm curious as to whether using an Estradiol patch will improve or worsen my tendency towards histamine sensitivity. I understand that my body's own estrogen and histamine have a "vicious cycle" sort of relationship but I'm curious as to whether the patch would help things. I've heard conflicting stances on the various podcasts I've listened to.

I've been taking Utrogestan (200mg, day 10-25), quercetin and a daily antihistamine for over a year. I'm doing all the things to hold back the tide of insulin resistance (weight training, high protein, no sugar, no alcohol, minimal caffeine) but I have about 10kg that will not shift and now joint pain is happening, as well as mood volatility. I'd like to try the Estradiol patch but am nervous it will spin out my histamine symptoms, which haven't gone away despite avoiding high histamine foods, etc. Also, I'd love to get off the antihistamine because I know that's not great for weight so am working on gut repair.

So with all of that in mind, would Estradiol help or hinder me where histamine is concerned?
hereforhelp

Re: Histamine and Estradiol patch

Post by hereforhelp »

The estradiol patch, although sometimes necessary, does in fact make any estrogen-sensitive issues you may have more complicated, including histamine sensitivity. I have had many complications in this category because of needing to use the patch!