Severe Perimenopausal Migraines

A discussion area for perimenopause. Please start by reviewing my articles Perimenopause is not about aging and Rescue prescription for perimenopause.
And my perimenopause book Hormone Repair Manual.
Redruba_777

Severe Perimenopausal Migraines

Post by Redruba_777 »

Hello Fills,
I am having a major problem with perimenopausal migraines. I am 45 and have typically had 2-4 menstrual migraines since after the birth of my second child at 37, when my cycle resumed. Before that I had a few migraines a year that didn't seem connected to anything that began when I was 30. When I was 43, the migraines started to become more frequent and occuring outside of my menstrual time as well. Over a few months they doubled. Then they tripled. For over a year, I have had around 15 a month and this past month I had 24 migraine days. I drink no alcohol (none in over a year and a half) and only 1/3 cup coffee a day. I eat extremely well, am at a healthy weight, have good blood pressure and cholesterol, no other underlying conditions. I generally take medication at all and haven't ever in my adult life. But now I have to live on ibuprofen, Tylenol and Rizatriptan because of these migraines.

I have tried gluten free for three months, dairy free for one month, magnesium gly and b complex for 6 weeks, accpuncture, body work, daily exercise, cold water therapy, feverfew, Vitex, iron supplements and other natural things, and nothing has touched these migraines nor made any improvement. I have normal blood work, besides being a little anemic after bleeding and low vitamin d, which I have taken supplements and foods (sardines!) for both with no relief at all.

I tried combined birth control pills for five weeks, no real change. Tried a higher dose a few months later and lost consciousness having to go to the ER after one week, so I stopped them. There are so many conflicting ways to use progesterone, I don't know where to start and only have access to the cream at the moment.

I now have constant tinnitus because of the ibuprofen use and feel extremely depressed about this situation. I would appreciate any advice at all. My cycles are shorter and bleeding heavy for 30 hours if that, but come every 23-26 days. No signs of stopping. Other peri symptoms are depression, anxiety, insomnia, dry skin, thining hair. No real hot flashes, just a few warm flashes.

Thank you,
Redruba