Coming off DHEA for estrogen

A discussion area for perimenopause. Please start by reviewing my articles Perimenopause is not about aging and Rescue prescription for perimenopause.
And my perimenopause book Hormone Repair Manual.
Susy

Coming off DHEA for estrogen

Post by Susy »

Thank you so much Lara for your books and being so generous as to start this website and forum! I have a question for anyone with experience with coming off DHEA to enable me to add estrogen to my HRT.

My background in short: I had CFS for about 6 years and and for for at least the last 4 years have been at "normal" energy and strength. About 7 years ago I started taking DHEA to support my adrenals which continues to this day, and for at least 2 years that dose has been 50mg/day. My last blood test this month showed my DHEA level was in range at 7.5 mol/L.

Mid this year, I began to have hot flushes again and 2 months ago I had my Mirena removed and started 100mg and then 200mg/day of progesterone and have experienced the best energy I've had in years for about a month (primarily I think because it helped my sleep). For the last 2 weeks the hot flushes have returned so my GP is going to prescribe estrogen too (once I have my mammogram etc) but I have a concern about coming off the DHEA. I understand estrogen will help my energy too but in anyone's experience is there anything I should be careful about in coming off the DHEA?