How to regulate cycles after stopping the mini pill?

A discussion area for all topics related to birth control. Please start by reviewing my articles The pros and cons of hormonal IUDs, The pros and cons of the copper IUD, The crucial difference between progesterone and progestins. And all of Period Repair Manual.
J91

How to regulate cycles after stopping the mini pill?

Post by J91 »

Hey. I stopped the mini pill desogestrel/cerazette on the 6th of July.
I ovulated on the 29th of august so 7.5 weeks later… then I was spotting 7 days after this and full flow period 10-11 days after ovulation.

I was expecting this cycle to be more normal, but so far I’m on cycle day 29 (cycle day 1 being the start of the last period), and still no sign at all of ovulation!

I am doing LH ovulation tests twice daily, and they’re not even getting any darker yet…

I’m getting so frustrated as I’ve been off the pill now for basically 3 months… and I’m still waiting for my 2nd ovulation!….

I was only on this pill for 9 weeks, and cilest before that.

Is there anything I can do/take to regulate my cycle?

I don’t know if they were regular before or not because I’ve been on cilest pretty much since I was about 17, other than when I had my first daughter (I conceived after stopping cilest, before even getting a period). So I’ve never really not been off the pill to know!

I am taking pregnacare preconception vitamins daily.

I’m desperate though to get it all sorted, it’s driving me crazy as we just want to fall pregnant asap.

Thank you!