OMP and irregular cycles

A discussion area for perimenopause. Please start by reviewing my articles Perimenopause is not about aging and Rescue prescription for perimenopause.
And my perimenopause book Hormone Repair Manual.
Gabi

OMP and irregular cycles

Post by Gabi »

Hello,
How do you dose OMP capsules in the perimenopausal period when cycles are irregular, very long or short (getting 2 periods in a month). How can you do cyclic OMP if things are crazy? Whats indicated, daily or cyclic and how much?
GKnee

Re: OMP and irregular cycles

Post by GKnee »

Hi there,
I have the same question! I convinced my gyno to prescribe the Prometrium and she gave me a dx for 200mg/day on days 14-28, but of course I started heavy bleeding on day 14 (yesterday). My cycles were very regular up until Dec 2022, and have since become very all over the place. I'm not sure what to do. If I take them regularly starting today, I will run out as I only have 30 pills. And I'm not sure when the ideal day to start taking them would be. (I'm 49 and have had perimenopausal symptoms other than irregular cycles for a couple years now). In the meantime I am taking TXA to control the heavy bleeding but it scares me to think I could get a blood clot.

I've tried to contact my gyno but I'm not sure she will be on board for the daily prescription which I think is what Dr. Prior indicates in the article "For Healthcare Providers: Managing Menorrhagia Without Surgery". If I am cleared to take them every day, when do I start???

Thank you for responding if possible.