Raising hormones before ovulation and pain for a week just before it and when ovulation happens, all goes

A discussion area for perimenopause. Please start by reviewing my articles Perimenopause is not about aging and Rescue prescription for perimenopause.
And my perimenopause book Hormone Repair Manual.
Fedeg76

Raising hormones before ovulation and pain for a week just before it and when ovulation happens, all goes

Post by Fedeg76 »

Hi Lara,

hope you are well and many thanks in advance for all your forums and books.

I am writing here because I have had something apparently unusual going on since 2o2o and I cannot find any proper answer even in your Hormonal Repair Book - which is very enlightening THANKS A LOT FOR THAT.

First off: been suffering from adenomyosis for 16 years or so and in the last year, it has become from focal to diffuse. I am 47.

In the summer 2o2o i started to have watery leakage straight up after my period. No smell, no odour, just transparent leakage. After few months, together with that "watery" leakage I started to have blood too, like my period was still continuing. And then, after few months, I started to have period-like cramps too.

By observing all of this, the journey of my period is:

day 1 and 2: very heavy period where I need to use incontinence sanitary pads to be changed quite often - although this is dimishing as I am taking Myomin - astragalus, cyperus rotundus and white curcuma - plus DIM with also the calcium glucorate but also ladys mantle - and very painful periods. I did think I have issues with the histamine as during the days before my period I felt flu alike symptoms and I am doing what you recommends in your book and they are gone;

day 3, 4, 5, 6: the bleeding start to get lighter and lighter with some mucus towards the end and it seems like "the water" is not there anymore; No cramps at all and I feel OK.

day 7: punctual period cramp alike come back on for the whole week until ovulation. Lighter and lighter bleeding still continues.

With ovulation, everything goes: cramps, bleeding - for two weeks, mucus, fatigue go off. And after ovulation I feel great again.

Speaking about this with my gyne at the hospital, and also with my naturopath, we have drawn the conclusion that, rather than the worsening of my ade from focal to diffuse, it is something that has much more to do with hormones.

Prefacing that I have always suffered with hormones - after my first menses I suffered from PCOS - always struggling with cravings and losing weight, and also considering that with ovulation everything goes, we all are assuming that before ovulation, my hormones raise again high and that is why I start having cramps again and all the symptoms that are common before the the days lining up to the period. Paradoxically, the days before my period are fine now.

So I have fixed the PMS and I start to have cramps just the day before my period for two days. But then it looks like I have pain - which is not severe like the first two day of my period though - in preparation for ovulation.

My question is: is there a way to lower oestrogens before ovulation so that I can go towards that in a normal way?

I am taking a mutivitamin multimineral specific for women, NAC, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Fish Oil and GLA, ladys mantle, agnicastus and wild yam in the second part of the period. I also take serraptase but I have doubts that is doing something for my ade in terms of pain. Maybe it is working on the scar tissues or adhesions, but I am not sure and maybe berberine will work better? I really would like to stop taking all of these to be honest.

But maybe it is the case to increase my magnesium intake too? I hate taking all these supplements.

Plus I have ditched gluten, cow's milk and reduced eggs a lot. The only starches I eat are the resistant ones - rice and potatoes cooked and cooled from the fridge. Sometimes I allow chipeas, lentils, beans. Do they become resistance starches too?

Thanks,
Federica