Irregular Cycle Question

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
Micheleh90

Irregular Cycle Question

Post by Micheleh90 »

I have very irregular cycles (ranging from 30-60 days) with follicular phase spotting. The spotting in the follicular phase is often associated with feeling “light headed”/dizzy. I am confirming ovulation with these cycles and my ultrasounds all show polycystic ovaries. I recently got blood work done and FSH/LH, estradiol, testosterone, T4 and TSH were all within “normal range”. Drs are just saying its PCOS based on my ultrasound and irregular cycle. Im getting very discouraged because OBGYNs dont seem to be concerned with my irregular cycles and just want to quickly diagnose it as PCOS. Do you have any suggestion on what could cause the follicular phase spotting/irregular cycle?
Lara

Re: Irregular Cycle Question

Post by Lara »

Do you have androgen symptoms? (ie. facial hair or strong jawline acne) If not, it's probably not PCOS.
Was your prolactin tested?
Are you sure you're eating enough? Because undereating can cause long cycles.