Endo & leaving the pill

A discussion area for endometriosis. Please start by reviewing my podcast/Youtube video Endometriosis is a disease of immune dysfunction. And Chapter 9 of Period Repair Manual.
Mel_

Endo & leaving the pill

Post by Mel_ »

Hi, I just finished period manual repair, amazing book, I’m 38 so I might as well buy hormone repair manual asap. My case is this, I want to leave the pill (I’ve been on it for more than 10 years) but I have an endometrioma (4 cm left ovary) and the pill is my doctors treatment advice. I’m already making huge adjustments on my diet (no dairy, no gluten, taking zinc, etc). I’d like to change to Daysy’s fertility tracker method and ask my doctor if she can prescribe micronized progesterone for me, my question is if that scenario makes any sense for my condition?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Mexico.
Lara

Re: Endo & leaving the pill

Post by Lara »

In general, yes. That could be a strategy. Just be aware that taking oral progesterone micronized progesterone increases body temperature, so will influence your FAM or Daysy tracking. In general, what people usually do, is wait until after they've detected the natural temperature rise with ovulation and then start progesterone. But check with your doctor.
Mel_

Re: Endo & leaving the pill

Post by Mel_ »

Thanks a lot :)