Amenorrhea and low estrogen

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
olimpia_castro

Amenorrhea and low estrogen

Post by olimpia_castro »

Hi, good morning!

In the workshop about metabolism and menstrual cycles with Kira Sutherland, I discovered that some estrogen receptors are in the heart. Can it be, then, any relation between low estrogen making (anovulatory cycles) and low blood pressure?

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Hugs,

Olimpia Castro Viu
Psychologist & Period Coach
www.olimpiapsicologia.com
amanzon

Re: Amenorrhea and low estrogen

Post by amanzon »

Hi. Unfortunately I do not have an answer to your question, but I'm interested in the topic, since I have amenorrhea and low estrogen and I'm trying to figure out how to best treat it. My OBGYN prescribed me (low dose) birth control, but I am not excited about taking the bc again being aware of all the drawbacks, and I wonder what alternatives I have to prevent issues connected to amenorrhea. I am not looking to get pregnant so I'm only concerned about bones and other issues.

If anyone has advice, I'm all ears, thanks.

And I'd like to learn more about the workshop you mentioned, an what' the connection with metabolism and low blood pressure (I do indeed have low blood pressure, but I never saw that as a problem...).

thank y'all
Lara

Re: Amenorrhea and low estrogen

Post by Lara »

I'm not aware of any research linking low estrogen to low blood pressure.
And anovulatory cycles (irregular anovulatory bleeding) is usually a state of sufficient estrogen but low progesterone.
For anyone following this thread, here is the link to my workshop with Kira. Menstrual cycles and metabolism.