Cutting out A1 dairy

Read, watch, or listen to the podcast here.
Jessica_b

Cutting out A1 dairy

Post by Jessica_b »

Hello! I suffer from heavy periods, am borderline anemic, and had an almost non-existent luteal phase last month. I suspect low progesterone or estrogen dominance. My first step has been cutting out A1 dairy (in this past I did this but also cut out gluten and sugar, and it helped enormously but wasn't sustainable). I have seasonal allergies and had recurrent ear infections as a child, so I strongly suspect that A1 dairy is the culprit! I am lucky to live in Quebec and have many sheep and goat milk products available, and even occasionally jersey cow milk. My big question is: is cutting out A1 dairy for me going to be like someone with celiac disease? For instance, I had crackers that I only realized afterwards had a small amount of "skim milk powder" or my husband bought sausages that had milk powder. We try our best to buy products without additives, but milk additives seem to be insanely hard to avoid! It's tough to control my diet to the extent I'd like, with a full time job and a toddler!
Lara

Re: Cutting out A1 dairy

Post by Lara »

It is usually not necessary to strictly avoid A1 casein the way some people need to avoid gluten. Which makes it a lot easier. For most women, it works to just avoid it as best you can.
Jessica_b

Re: Cutting out A1 dairy

Post by Jessica_b »

Thank you!

This made my mother's day ❤️ dairy is lurking everywhere! Now I don't have to be utterly paranoid.