Low estrogen and normal progesterone with positive ovulation on blood work?

A discussion area for topics from my first book Period Repair Manual. When you start a thread, please refer to the chapter where the topic appears.
jelynnrn

Low estrogen and normal progesterone with positive ovulation on blood work?

Post by jelynnrn »

Hello there! I have been reading your book The Period Manual, and absolutely lOVE IT and the wealth of information in it; unfortunately I do not find much by way of a possible explanation for what I am seeing on my recent bloodwork that I just had done. I am 35 and wondering if I am periomenopausal. Via by bloodwork, taken on day 20 of my cycle during my Luteal phase, it seems that I have low estrogen (still "normal" but on the very low low end of what is considered normal) with a normal progesterone that indicates ovulation. I am having signs and symptoms of what seems like PMDD, especially intensified a week to week in a half before my period:( I am unsure how to go about handling this.

As an RN and huge fan of holistic medicine and your work, Dr. Briden, specifically with how women can be proactive and knowledgeable on how to heal their hormones naturally, I would love to know your thoughts and receive possibly some input on this as to some possible steps I can take in order to address this. I would so appreciate ny knowledge and insight into this and how I can get my body into a more homeostatic condition.

Thank you so much in advance for your help and for the work YOU DO!!!
Lara

Re: Low estrogen and normal progesterone with positive ovulation on blood work?

Post by Lara »

Interesting. It is normal for estradiol to drop after ovulation. And as long as you've ovulated, you've essentially by definition had enough estrogen. What is your reading?