Iodine for Painful Breasts - Dosage Help!

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
dmac96

Iodine for Painful Breasts - Dosage Help!

Post by dmac96 »

I have recently come off the OCP after many, many years. My breasts are incredibly sore all the time, regardless of cycle timing. My periods are yet to restore to a normal cycle, but I can’t deal with the significant pain in my breasts.
I have bought Bioceuticals Iodine drops which is a dosage of 3 drops equivalent to potassium iodide (376mcg) equiv to 288mcg iodine and 89mcg of potassium. I don’t have thyroid antibodies present, so would this mean
288mcg/3 drops = 96mcg of iodine and therefore would take 20 drops for 2016mcg of iodine, for example?
Your help would be much appreciated! Thank you so much
Lara

Re: Iodine for Painful Breasts - Dosage Help!

Post by Lara »

Good question. And yes, it would be about 20 drops of that product which is a lot of potassium iodide. I often prefer to use molecular iodine because molecular iodine is safer than potassium iodide. So, with my Australian patients (if that's where you are), I typically prescribe a starting dose of 1 teardrop-size droplet of this molecular iodine which gives 1.2 mg (1200 mcg).