Spearmint tea delayed my period- why?

A discussion area for PCOS. Please start by reviewing my articles 4 Types of PCOS, 4 Causes of androgen excess in women and Chapter 7 of Period Repair Manual.
Tjk501

Spearmint tea delayed my period- why?

Post by Tjk501 »

Hello! I’ve been using spearmint tea for the last two months to treat my PCOS acne and mild hirsutism. I found it to be effective (not perfect skin, but improving), however this last cycle was delayed which is totally atypical for me. I have read online from other lean PCOSers who have regular cycles, who also found spearmint tea (two cups a day) to delay period. Why does it do this? I have discontinued it anyway and am focussing on zinc and reishi instead.
Lara

Re: Spearmint tea delayed my period- why?

Post by Lara »

I'm not aware the spearmint would delay or influence ovulation.
Tjk501

Post by Tjk501 »

Thank you for your reply! I’ll be interested to see if my cycle returns to its normal length now that I’ve discontinued spearmint.
lotus1234

Post by lotus1234 »

Hello, How long did spearmint tea delay your cycle? Im having the same issue and was wondering if I should expect it soon. My period is currently late by a week right now. I drank 2 cups a day for a week.
Kikinz816

Post by Kikinz816 »

I have a similar issue!
I have lean pcos but high androgens symptoms and I have been drinking spearmint 3x day for the last 2 months and my period was delayed to 43 days this month.

I am going to give it a couple more months and see what happens!
elleelle

Post by elleelle »

I have been using a supplement with spear mint and also my period was in late!! My androgen fell completely under the detective range... I also started losing hair. the period was late and not ovulatory .. my progesterone was 0.3...
Marie

Post by Marie »

elleelle wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:49 am I have been using a supplement with spear mint and also my period was in late!! My androgen fell completely under the detective range... I also started losing hair. the period was late and not ovulatory .. my progesterone was 0.3...
Did you have high androgens in the past? How long did you use it before the hair started falling out?