Loss of vision and hormone levels

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
MRebelo

Loss of vision and hormone levels

Post by MRebelo »

Hi Lara! I'm in Portugal and learning a lot from your posts about woman health...here in Portugal there is loss of good scientific information about that subject and only "out of the box" women try to experience what it feels like to live without hormonal pills. My sister in law is now suffering from some vision loss, in her right eye, of about 30-60%. It is possible that there's a relation between this situation and the variation of estrogen in a women around 40's without the influence of hormonal pills? She has done lots of medical exams but nothing points to a specific disease.
Btw, I already have you book and maybe there's some information about it.
Lara

Re: Loss of vision and hormone levels

Post by Lara »

One-sided vision loss is concerning and unlikely to be the result of anything to do with female hormones. She should check back with her doctors and try to get a diagnosis.
MRebelo

Re: Loss of vision and hormone levels

Post by MRebelo »

Thank you Lara!
She has already made a set of tests but doctors can't find what's happening. Although she is improving in the past weeks, she is still worried about the issue.