How to decrease High DHEA and high fTestosterone levels

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
j_lipinski

How to decrease High DHEA and high fTestosterone levels

Post by j_lipinski »

25yr female with high DHEAs, high free Testosterone levels and severe acne.
No PCOS or prolactin issues.
Her E2 and P4 levels are all normal for 7 days post ovulation.
I think it might have stemmed from being on the OCP, but has been off the OCP for over 2yrs now.
She's been taking Mag glycinate, Zinc, Paeonia and Licourice and Reishi herbs and has a good healthy diet since coming off the OCP.
What else can we do to help this poor young woman?
I'm wondering whether giving mP4 would help decrease the high DHEA levels? But worried that if her P4 levels are good, would this be harmful in any way?
Thanks
Lara

Re: How to decrease High DHEA and high fTestosterone levels

Post by Lara »

Inositol can be very helpful for lowering androgens. And in general, yes, it's fine to try cyclic progesterone even with an ovulatory cycle.

Also, Why do you say it's not PCOS? Because PCOS is essentially high androgens when all other causes of androgens have been ruled out.
j_lipinski

Re: How to decrease High DHEA and high fTestosterone levels

Post by j_lipinski »

Thanks Lara
The reason I ruled out PCOS is because, besides not having any other PCOS symptoms other than high Androgens, I presumed her high androgens were caused by the OCP....?