Post-hysterectomy cycle tracking

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
hmgilbert79

Post-hysterectomy cycle tracking

Post by hmgilbert79 »

Hi
Are there any simple ways to track your cycle post hysterectomy (with ovaries)? Or any apps available? I had hysterectomy in December as had stage 4 endo and adenomyosis and haven't been able to figure out where I am in my cycle since - I know when my period was due, but it doesn't seem to stack up with my moods! I am aware I can take morning temperature but wondering if there were any other solutions/ideas? Many thanks, H
gphutto

Re: Post-hysterectomy cycle tracking

Post by gphutto »

Hi! I had my hysterectomy for the exact same reasons last October, and there is absolutely no info on this subject. Have you found any answers?
I would like to continue taking my progesterone i took for about a year before my surgery but dont know when to start taking it and for how long anymore.
My creighton advisor cant help me anymore because i have no cervix, therefore no mucus so I'm all by myself in the world trying to figure this out and im desperate.
I have already felt a few times that urge, anger, and all those crazy symptoms that I think come from low progesterone or too much estrogen. I used to experience this before and last month as I was going through fits with everyone i stopped to realize my hormones where playing a number on me AGAIN!
Hopefully we can find some answers here.
Best of luck!
Paola
hmgilbert79

Post by hmgilbert79 »

Hi Paola,
The only thing I have found since reading this was in the Period Repair Manual on page 276 it has a special topic about tracking your 'virtual period'. It says we will "still go through pre menstrual phase of feeling a bit irritable and headachy. You will then reach a relief day, which is when your hormones drop, and you would bleed if you had a uterus. That relief day is your 'day 1', and you can try tracking it with your period app."

So I will try this - though my crazy can randomly come across all times of the month sometimes!

Thanks and good luck to you too!
Lara

Post by Lara »

way to track cycles post-hysterectomy is to track basal body temperatures. If you're ovulating, you will see a luteal phase temperature rise and then drop in temperatures signalling the "period." If you're not ovulating, you won't see any temperature changes because you're not cycling although you could still be experiencing the ups and downs of estrogen.
hmgilbert79

Post by hmgilbert79 »

Great thank you Lara