Provera

A discussion area for perimenopause. Please start by reviewing my articles Perimenopause is not about aging and Rescue prescription for perimenopause.
And my perimenopause book Hormone Repair Manual.
kimlbarb

Provera

Post by kimlbarb »

Hi,
Turned 50 this year and started having irregular periods. Been off all contraceptives for almost 9 years now. Take no medication at all.
Sometimes Im 10 days late and these last 6 cycles consist of atleast 24 hours of flooding. Slight bloating of the abdomen more than normal, not really experiencing night sweats. Brain is a bit foggy.
Went to my doctors for blood work to be done for a health check, expressed my concerns of perhaps being peri menopausal. She wanted to do an ultrasound for fibroids then wanted to put me on a pill or IUD. I have read Laras book Hormone Repair Manual. So I expressed my concerns about her solutions.

I walked away with a script of Provera and feeling like she actually wasnt listening to me.
Lara

Re: Provera

Post by Lara »

Did you try some of the phrases from the "how to speak with your doctor" section in my book. Such as:
"Could I try Prometrium instead of Provera? I understand that Prometrium is gentler and safer for breasts."