Prolactin level

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
Anna23

Prolactin level

Post by Anna23 »

Hello!
I need some guidance please, I came off the depo last year December, period return in about April, no ovulation at the time.
From June very irregular, started with Inositol in August. Nasua on a daily basis, breasts very tender with times.Went for a blood test, result showed prolactin level of 84 and Dr ordered a MRI. :shock:
Also did a pelvic scan and results showed a cyst on right ovary.
What can I do to bring this level down naturally without having to go for the MRI? And the cyst?
Im planning for pregnancy but this won't happen if all other is not resolved.
My daily supplements are the following: Evening primrose oil 0.5ml, folic acid, omega 3, vitamin c, magnesium and inositol.

Looking forward to responses. :)
Anna2005

Re: Prolactin level

Post by Anna2005 »

Hi Anna,

Did you find what was causing such high levels of prolactin for you?

--
Anna
Lara

Re: Prolactin level

Post by Lara »

It's best to follow your doctor's advice regarding further testing because a very high prolactinoma can indicate a benign tumour called prolactinoma. Beyond that, please see my blog post Natural treatments to lower prolactin.

As for the ovarian cyst, it depends on what type it is. It may or may not be related to the high prolactin. (High can increase the risk of follicular cysts.)