Dutch test conversion of Estradiol urine ng/mg to ng/ml

A discussion area for perimenopause. Please start by reviewing my articles Perimenopause is not about aging and Rescue prescription for perimenopause.
And my perimenopause book Hormone Repair Manual.
nicki h

Dutch test conversion of Estradiol urine ng/mg to ng/ml

Post by nicki h »

Hi there, for anyone who has done the Dutch test and have had results interpreted, have you managed to get an understanding of your ratio of estrogen and progesterone and also an equivalent serum level of your E2?

I am having trouble doing this since the estradiol measurement on the test (mine is 3.74) is in ng/mg. The estrogen/progesterone calculator seems to work on ng/ml and I don't know how to convert the two measurements. I might be overthinking it...but wondering if i lose the decimal, that would give me a measurement of 374 ng/ml?? Maths is not my strong point.

I have looked at some cycle mapping videos on YouTube and there was one page that looked as though this might be the case. I am really trying to understand what my approx serum level is based on the dried urine fig so that i can get an accurate ratio of E2 to progesterone. I contacted Precision Analytical along with the lab who took my test, and no-one could provide an answer, which i thought was a little odd. Thank you.
Lara

Re: Dutch test conversion of Estradiol urine ng/mg to ng/ml

Post by Lara »

It's not possible to compare urine hormone levels to serum hormone levels. Even if you convert the units, they are very different compartments of the body so will have very different reference ranges. Like comparing apples and oranges. That is one of the reasons I do not prescribe or recommend urinary hormone testing.