How to come off the pill?

A discussion area for all topics related to birth control. Please start by reviewing my articles The pros and cons of hormonal IUDs, The pros and cons of the copper IUD, The crucial difference between progesterone and progestins. And all of Period Repair Manual.
Katie89

How to come off the pill?

Post by Katie89 »

I am about to stop taking a combined contraceptive pill and I want to reduce the risk of post-pill acne and amenorrhea, and maximise my chances of starting to ovulate asap. I would also like to prepare my body generally so that hopefully coming off the pill is not such a huge shock to the system! (I have been on the pill for over 16 years!)

From your book I am gathering that only people with PCOS or previous acne should start taking supplements before coming off the pill? Is that right or have I misunderstood? Is there anything I can do/should be doing, despite the fact that I have not had either of those issues in the past? I am very happy to buy supplements but am just not sure what to buy!

Advice would be so so so appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.
Lara

Re: How to come off the pill?

Post by Lara »

If there's no history of irregular periods or acne, it's usually fine to just stop the pill and then see how you are.