?Menopause or peri menopause at 46

A discussion area for perimenopause. Please start by reviewing my articles Perimenopause is not about aging and Rescue prescription for perimenopause.
And my perimenopause book Hormone Repair Manual.
Hazel99

?Menopause or peri menopause at 46

Post by Hazel99 »

Hi Lara, I was wondering what your advise might be with regard to where to start with support. I seem to have gone from zero to approximately 5 classic symptoms of perimenopause over 6-8 months and no periods since coming off Cerazette nearly a year ago. My e2 and P4 have been flat and FSH over 140 (have done x2 blood tests two weeks apart) I also have hashimotos. I have started utrogestan 100mg at night but am reluctant to take the estradot 25mcg at this stage as have a history of PMDD and headaches cyclically… What do you recommend and could I take Femular with the utrogestan. I was going to take utrogestan 100mgs daily to help with insomnia, mood, hot flushes and night sweats.
Lara

Re: ?Menopause or peri menopause at 46

Post by Lara »

FSH > 140 and no periods in a year sounds very much like you have arrived at menopause. And in that case, the estrogen patch could give relief (together with the utrogestan). And, of course, check with your doctor.