Taurine

A discussion area for perimenopause. Please start by reviewing my articles Perimenopause is not about aging and Rescue prescription for perimenopause.
And my perimenopause book Hormone Repair Manual.
annajk

Taurine

Post by annajk »

Hi, Lara mentions taurine in her perimenopause rescue remedy. I have 2 questions: how, precisely, does taurine work, and does taurine stimulate mast cells or calm them down (or neither)?
Lara

Re: Taurine

Post by Lara »

DaliaC

Re: Taurine

Post by DaliaC »

I have a separate Q about taurine that I'll just post here rather than starting a new thread.

I'm already taking magnesium glycinate after dinner daily for perimenopausal symptoms, and I'm ready to try adding taurine as well since I'm still suffering from hot flashes and pre-menstrual migraines, among other things.

Lara, you mention a dosage of 3g for taurine in your Hormone Repair Manual book. I see 1000mg pills (both Pure Encapsulations and Designs for Health). Do you have a preferred brand, and would you recommend taking all 3 pills at once or spread out? What is the best timing for this - after dinner with my magnesium glycinate, before bed, etc? Also - would you recommend starting with one pill and working up to 3, or would it be safe to start right away with 3?

Thanks!