Body identical hormones as a replacement for Everol conti patches

A discussion area for perimenopause. Please start by reviewing my articles Perimenopause is not about aging and Rescue prescription for perimenopause.
And my perimenopause book Hormone Repair Manual.
Liz1

Body identical hormones as a replacement for Everol conti patches

Post by Liz1 »

Hi ,
I am interested in the body identical HRT, both progesterone and oestrogen as a replacement for my current Everol Conti patches (currently 4 years since last period, main problem sleep,mood, hair, brain fog, anxiety, flashes) . My current HRT suits me well but is driving the oestrogen and thickening my womb lining so need I need to change (biopsy all normal).
The current suggestion is the marina coil and topical oestrogen, which I really wanted to avoid, having had a coil before due to the side effects I suffered previously (20 years ago for contraception use rather than HRT) . Could you suggest which body identical hormone are available in England to use alongside the topical oestrogen that I can suggest to doctor to consider as they are not familiar with them and not keen to prescribe at present.
Many-thanks
Lara

Re: Body identical hormones as a replacement for Everol conti patches

Post by Lara »

In the UK, commercially available bioidentical products include an estradiol patch (eg. Estradot) plus Utrogestan.
Or Bijuva, which is is the only commercially available combination bioidentical product.