I’m a naturopathic doctor with a focus on women’s health. For my official bio, see my Media Page.
This page provides a little more detail about my education, qualifications, and approach to my clinical work.
My love of science and the natural world has informed the way I work with patients. I view the body as a logical, responsive system that knows what to do when it’s given the right support with nutrition and natural treatments. Twenty-five years with patients has taught me that diet and lifestyle work incredibly well for many period problems.
My mission is to help women achieve healthy natural menstrual cycles without the use of hormonal birth control.
- The central role of ovulatory disturbances in the etiology of androgenic polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)—Evidence for treatment with cyclic progesterone
- Beyond the label: A patient-centred approach to polycystic ovary syndrome.
Thank you to all my patients who entrusted me with your stories of PCOS, endometriosis, perimenopause, and many other period problems. I dedicate my books to you!
I spent two decades in Sydney, Australia, but currently have consulting rooms in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Biology from the University of Calgary (1993)
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (ND) from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (1997)
- Member of the scientific advisory council for the Centre for Menstrual Cycle and Ovulation Research at the University of British Columbia
- Member of the medical advisory board of New Zealand’s Talk Peach Gynaecological Cancer Foundation
- Member of the Endometriosis Special Interest Group (ESIG) of Endometriosis New Zealand
- Member of the editorial board of CANDJ, the official medical journal of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Founding member of Evolutionary Health New Zealand
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (associate member)
- Australian Register of Naturopaths and Herbalists
- New Zealand Association of Medical Herbalists