I’m a naturopathic doctor and women’s health activist. For my official bio, see my Media Page.
This page provides a little more detail about my education, qualifications, and approach to my clinical work.
My love of science and the natural world has informed the way I work with patients. I view the body as a logical, regenerative system that knows what to do when it’s given the right support with nutrition and natural treatments. Twenty years with patients has taught me that diet and lifestyle work incredibly well for many period problems.
My mission is to help women achieve healthy natural menstrual cycles without the use of hormonal birth control.
My book Period Repair Manual provides practical period solutions and alternatives to hormonal birth control. Now in its second edition, Period Repair Manual been an underground sensation and has worked to quietly change the lives of tens of thousands of women.
Thank you to all my readers and also to my patients who entrusted me with their stories of PCOS, endometriosis, perimenopause, and many other period problems. I dedicate my blog and book to you!
I spent two decades in Sydney, Australia, but currently have consulting rooms in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Biology from the University of Calgary (1993)
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (ND) from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (1997)
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Council for the Centre for Menstrual Cycle and Ovulation Research at the University of British Columbia
- Member of the Endometriosis Special Interest Group (ESIG) of Endometriosis New Zealand
- Member of the editorial board of Vital Link, the official naturopathic medical journal of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (associate member)
- Australian Register of Naturopaths and Herbalists
- New Zealand Association of Medical Herbalists